DAUK's Tax Committee to hold 'in-person and online' tax event for Americans in the UK
- By staff writer
The Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK) Tax Committee will host the 2023 edition of its annual "Expat Tax 101" seminar next Tuesday (Feb. 21), both in-person and online, to help U.S. expats resident in the UK as they begin to prepare to file their 2022 U.S. tax returns.
The event is scheduled to begin at 7pm local time and run for around 90 minutes, according to a notice on the DAUK's website. The doors will open at 6:30pm. Tickets are £15, £7.50 for concessions.
The event's speakers will be Migle Kuzmaite, UK-based U.S. tax lead at MyExpatTaxes, a Vienna-based tax services provider; Liz Zitzow, managing director of London-based British American Tax; and Tim Johnson, managing director of American UK Tax Solutions, also based in London.
The event will take place at the London School of Economics' Marshall Building at 44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, not far from the Holborn Tube station, to the east of Convent Garden.
According to DAUK Tax Committee chair Rebecca Lammers, Expat Tax 101 is always DAUK's "most popular tax event of the year," so those wishing to participate are urged to "book sooner rather than later."
- Dems Abroad, to House subcommittee hearing: 'substantial adjustments needed' to FBAR regs
- Dems Abroad Taxation Task Force planning pro-RBT demo in DC on...Expat Tax Day!
- AXFNJ Podcast: Dems Abroad’s Rebecca Lammers discusses the ‘suffocating’ U.S. expat tax situation with AXFNJ’s Richardson
- Free Dems Abroad UK Tax Committee webinar: Accessing Social Security and Medicare from abroad
- Taxpayer Advocacy Panel's Lammers tells ACA how expats can use TAP to make their voices heard