Two citizenship experts will debate the merits of citizenship-based tax regimes this Friday, in what is being billed as a “YouTube Live Stream event,” sponsored by a U.S.-based tax industry news website.
The two citizenship experts are John Richardson, a tax and citizenship expert from Toronto, Canada, and critic of citizenship-based taxation (CBT); and Edward Zelinsky, of Cardozo School of Law in New York, who supports the concept of CBT. The debate will be moderated by William Byrnes, an American academic with Texas A&M University.
The debate is scheduled to take place at 2pm Eastern Standard Time in the U.S. and 11am Pacific Standard Time. This means it will be able to be viewed at 7pm Greenwich Mean Time, and 8pm Western European Time. The participants will carry on their debate via Skype.
The sponsoring website is TaxConnections, where those interested in signing up to view the debate may register to do so by clicking here.
- AXFNJ webinar: How U.S. citizenship taxation has impacted one British lawyer, his family, and other countries' sovereignty
- AXFNJ webinar: What, if anything, does California’s proposed wealth tax mean for taxpayers, post-Covid-19?
- John Richardson's first AXFNJ YouTube webinar interview: the lawyer behind the Accidental Americans' renunciation fee challenge
- Bloomberg again speaks out on behalf of expats, with 'A Letter to Janet Yellen'
- U.S. district court rules key retroactive element of Trump's TCJA is constitutional