The Democrats Abroad has unveiled an online survey to determine how well the U.S. CARES Act "stimulus payments", introduced earlier this year in response to the Covid pandemic, have served expats needs – and is inviting expats around the world to take it.
As reported, the so-called Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act payments were introduced by the U.S. government earlier this year, and were aimed at providing one-off "stimulus payments" worth up to US$1,200 to all American citizens and Green Card holders who qualifed, based on their annual income as detailed on their most recently-filed U.S. tax returns.
The payments were part of a US$2trn stimulus package that was signed into law by President Trump in March, which was conceived to help the American economy recover from the devastating effects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement on its website, the Democrats Abroad said there were some concerns that the IRS may have fallen "far short of serving the needs of eligible Americans abroad" in it handling of the stimulus payments distributions, and for this reason was hoping to find out whether American expats agreed.
The survey will be open for submissions from Oct. 15 to Oct.31, and the findings are expected to be published in mid-November, according to a statement on the DA's website.
To take the survey, click here.
The Democrats Abroad is the official organization of the Democratic Party for United States citizens who live abroad, whether temporarily or permanently. The organization is given state-level recognition by the Democratic National Committee.
DA currently has members in more than 190 countries, with more than 41 organized country committees.
- Dems Abroad to host webinar on the second covid stimulus payments for expats
- Dems Abroad to host webinar on Social Security benefits available for Americans resident outside U.S.
- Bright!Tax comment: The candidates' tax plans, and their likely implications for expats
- Joe Biden to Americans abroad: we'll "work...with you" on the issues impacting your lives
- Democrats Abroad responds to RO letter to Meadows; Biden camp still silent