Many Americans who are resident overseas are unaware that they are eligible for Social Security benefits; others know that they are, but don't know much more than that.
With this in mind, the Democrats Abroad is sponsoring a free webinar next Thursday (Dec. 3), to help boost understanding of exactly what American expats can expect from Uncle Sam when they reach retirement age.
The approximately 90-minute webinar will be presented by London-based Jack Leuchtman, regional federal benefits officer for the Social Security Administration (pictured left).
The webinar will begin at 6pm GMT (7pm in Western Europe).
For those unable to participate in the webinar as it is taking place, the event will be available online afterwards on YouTube, a spokesperson for the Democrats Abroad said.
Although the event is being provided free of charge, a donation of £10, or £5 for students and those who are retired is being invited.
Those interested in being added to the Democrats Abroad UK's Tax Committee's mailing list are also invited to send a request to that address.
Democrats Abroad is the official organization of the Democratic Party for United States citizens living permanently or temporarily abroad. The organization is given state-level recognition by the Democratic National Committee, with eight positions on the Democratic National Committee, and sends a voting delegation to the Democratic National Convention to select our presidential candidate. For more information, visit https://www.democratsabroad.org.
- Rep Maloney's 'Same Country Exception' FATCA bill reported 'not adopted' as defense bill amendment
- Recording of last week's 'Meet the Candidates' Zoom panel discussion now online
- 'Meet the candidates' Zoom panel discussion for New York City expat Dems set for today
- Dems Abroad TTF in move to open door to discussions on FATCA's future
- Dems Abroad Taxation Task Force webinar: 'Which tax strategy is best for me: FEIE or FTC?'